Saturday, July 26, 2008

Only in France?

Yesterday I experienced for me unprecedented queue arrogance. I have seen a lot of people cheat in lines, the queue culture is not as strict here as in northern parts of Europe, but this took the price. I was in one of two lines for the cash registers in a sports store. In the queue beside me there was an old French couple. They were there before me, but in a different queue. And then as I had waited in line a minute or so, the man in the couple leaves his place in their queue to take a better one, right in front of me! I was so astonished I couldn’t even say anything. I thought that there must be some kind of explanation, but in retrospect, I think not. If anyone could attempt an explanation I am all ears. The man did not look senile.

.

No comments: